MS in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene/Part-Time
Due to high demand from working professionals, we offer the MS in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (OEH) in a part-time, online format.
Courses are built around media-rich instruction (i.e., audio, graphics and animation) to provide learning experiences that are equivalent to those offered with the face-to-face courses. The online courses and learning activities are designed with an emphasis on interaction among faculty and students.
Some things to keep in mind if you are considering the part-time option:
- Admission is restricted to working professionals in the industrial hygiene/safety field
- Approximately 2/3 of coursework will be completed online
- Approximately 1/3 of coursework will be completed during two-week condensed-format institute sessions held at the East Baltimore campus in January and June; students must attend four of these sessions
- The culminating Independent Professional Project (IPP) will be performed at the student’s place of employment in most instances
- The MS in OEH part-time degree can be completed in two-and-a-half to four years, depending on previous experience and individual circumstances
Working professionals who are currently employed in industrial hygiene and/or occupational safety and health practice who are looking for shorter-term graduate study may want to consider pursuing a Certificate in Environmental and Occupational Health. This can be a stepping stone to the MS in OEH, and can be completed entirely online. Courses that are part of the MS in OEH core curriculum can be chosen. Completion of the certificate coursework with a "B" or better in each course will allow students interested in applying to the MS in OEH to request a waiver of the GRE requirement.
Program Objectives, Outcomes, Enrollment, & Graduation