All applicants are expected to submit a completed application to Whiting School of Engineering and supporting documentation as required by the School’s Office of Admissions. Applicants to all master’s programs must have at least a baccalaureate degree in a relevant field.
The Department’s admission requirements include:
- Completed Application
- GRE scores (MCAT acceptable, but not preferred). A waiver may be requested if the applicant has:
- A graduate degree (master’s or doctoral degree), OR
- Successfully completed the Certificate in Environmental and Occupational Health and earned at least a "B" in all courses taken for the Certificate.
- Minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average of 3.0 recommended. Background coursework must include:
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Calculus
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from each academic institution beyond high school
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants from countries where the English language is not the primary language. Minimum acceptable score is 600 on the paper-based version, or 100 on the Internet version.
- International academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or equivalent service. Please go to https://engineering.jhu.edu/graduate-admissions/international-students/ for more information
Part-time/Online Program Option
Students may now apply year-round to the part-time MS OEH Program and can matriculate at the start of any of the 4 Bloomberg School of Public Health academic terms. Prospective students should have their application and supporting materials submitted at least one month prior to the term they intend to begin taking classes. The degree program is administratively located within the Whiting School of Engineering/Engineering for Professionals program.
- Go to https://applygrad.jhu.edu/apply/
- Select Engineering for Professionals from the list of Schools
- Select Occupational and Environmental Hygiene from the drop-down list of program options
Full Time Program Option
Full time students matriculate in the Fall of each academic year. Applications for Fall 2021 can be found below.
- Go to https://engineering.jhu.edu/graduate-admissions/
- Click on 'new Whiting School of Engineering Application' hyperlink at the bottom of the page
- Apply as a full-time graduate student in the Department of Environmental Health and Engineering
- Select M.S. master's program
The MS OEH admissions committee will review your application once all of your materials have been received. The application deadline is May 1, although earlier application submission is recommended.
The master’s program is now administratively managed at Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering, but tuition will be charged at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health rate. Part-time/online students will pay tuition at the JHSPH per-credit rate.