Teaching and Research Labs at WSE
Students on the Whiting School of Engineering campus have access to EHE’s two undergraduate teaching labs, more than 16 individual laboratories for environmental engineering research, and computers for scientific modelling. Each lab is equipped with state of the art instruments and equipment for its function. We are committed to adding and upgrading our labs.
- Liquid Chromatography / Inductively Coupled Plasma / Mass Spectrometer (LC/ICP/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography / Mass Spectrometer (LC/MS)
- Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS)
- Ultra Centrifuge
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid-Water Isotope Analyzer (LWIA)
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
Microbial Research Labs
EHE-WSE has a Biological Safety Level 2 (BSL-2) lab located in Ames Hall which includes DNA research equipment. The lab is also equipped with a biological safety cabinet and a laminar flow hood, two ultra-centrifuges, and two -80 ºC freezers.
Limnology and Hydrology Labs
Our labs are equipped with a Liquid-Water Isotope Analyzer, artificial EMriver, fluid mechanic equipment, microscopes, and field equipment.
You can find more information by visiting our labs website.
Research and Teaching Laboratory Coordinator:
p: (410) 516-6028